One Texas Centre
415 Texas Street, Ste. 101
Shreveport, LA 71101
M-F: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Caroline E. Mladenka, MPA
Caroline joined Neil Erwin Law in 2010 and is the firm’s Policy Analyst and Governmental Relations Specialist. Caroline’s Master’s degree in Public Administration provides a unique understanding of and ability to navigate through the many variables, including citizen input, that affect the course of decision-making in the field of local government law.
Having a presence in Baton Rouge, her work incorporates special analysis, research, and drafting of local government regulations, ordinances, and public sector agreements (public-private partnerships, intergovernmental, and cooperative endeavor), plus subdivision regulations and restrictive covenants, for practical, creative smart growth solutions. When necessary, she provides valuable and experienced litigation support.
In 2011, Caroline was a recipient of the “Top 40 Under 40” award for young professionals by the Shreveport-Bossier Chambers of Commerce in recognition of her business and civic achievements.
Caroline resides in Baton Rouge with her husband, Paul A. Mladenka, and their daughter, Mae-Frances. She directs the firm's Baton Rouge office and also maintains a routine schedule in the firm's Shreveport office.
Professional & Community Involvement
“Who Are You Calling Arbitrary? A Guide to Help Protect Your Land Use Decisions Without Inviting Lawsuits”, Louisiana Chapter, American Planning Association, Winter, 2016
“Who Are You Calling Arbitrary? A Guide to Help Protect Your Land Use Decisions Without Inviting Lawsuits”, Louisiana Municipal Association, Summer, 2015
“The Troublesome Top 5 Nuisances of Louisiana Communities and Your Legal Arsenal For Solving Them”,
Louisiana Municipal Association, Summer, 2015
Caroline Erwin Mladenka has had valuable experience with government at the federal, state, and local levels:
- United States Congress (Rep. Bobby Jindal) in Washington D.C.
- Louisiana Legislative Research Library in Baton Rouge
- Crisis Communications: strategic communications specialist on the Deepwater Horizon Response Team
LSU E.J. Ourso College of Business
Master of Public Administration, 2010
Specializing in Political Communications
Louisiana State University
BA in Communication Studies, 2008
Minor in Political Science
- The Junior League of Baton Rouge
- Member, Forum 35, Inc. (Young Professionals Organization), Baton Rouge
- Member, Association of Louisiana Lobbyists
- Member at Large of Young Professional Initiative (YPI), Shreveport-Bossier Chambers of Commerce
(Past Chair-Elect of the Executive Committee)
- Past Member of Board of Directors of Loyola College Preparatory Alumni Association (Past Secretary)
- Delta Delta Delta Alumnae chapter of Baton Rouge (past Secretary of Executive Board of Shreveport chapter)
- Member of the Bossier Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Krewe of Justinian
- LSU Alumni Association
- The Cotillion Club and Holiday in Dixie Club
- Member, Center for Planning Excellence (CPEX)
- Member, St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Baton Rouge
- Member, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
Creative Smart Growth Advice for Government and Business Solutions
Copyright 2015 - Neil Erwin Law - All Rights Reserved